The NYGASP Guild
The NYGASP Guild is open to patrons at the $250 level or higher. Members are invited to attend special events throughout the year where they may mingle with other Gilbert & Sullivan enthusiasts as well as with members of the professional Company. We’re a friendly crew, and happy to share our enthusiasm for both the material itself and our collegial approach to its presentation. To join the NYGASP Guild, click here to make a contribution of $250 or more. Upon receipt of your contribution, you will be mailed a membership card and invited to the four Guild events of the season.
Recent Guild seasons have included:
- The annual fall presentation of the Isaac Asimov Award for the year kicks off the performing season. Past years’ awardees, and other Company performers, present selections of their choice and relate anecdotes from their performing experiences, while Guild members join in singing familiar refrains. The Isaac Asimov Fund was created on the occasion of NYGASP’s 25th anniversary to honor the memory of a legendary Gilbert & Sullivan enthusiast and to recognize outstanding achievement among the Company’s many talented artists. The fund is used to subsidize the expenses associated with the recipient’s performing activities for the year. Tax deductible contributions to the Fund are always welcome.
- A special preview event relating to the productions being presented. Artistic Director Albert Bergeret delivers personal insights and invites other experts to air their points of view on specific aspects of a particular show and/or the G&S canon as a whole.
- “Nostalgia Night” (or afternoon) features video excerpts from memorable performances of past seasons – including many appearances by celebrated guest artists such as John Reed – O.B.E., John Astin, Noel Harrison, Steve Allen, Pat Carroll, Frank Gorshin, and Hal Linden.
- The end of season recital by the Asimov Award recipient and Company colleagues is a free for all event featuring unexpected twists and casting combinations – a good time for both Guild and Company members.
- NYGASP Patron’s Recital featuring patrons performing G&S selections alongside company members!
Refreshments are served at all Guild functions.